Tips to Start a New Life
Starting a new life is a big change. The tips below will help you make a smooth transition.
- Make changes slowly. Allow time to adjust.
- Take an inventory of your strengths. Don't believe that the failure of your marriage makes you a failure.
- Live in the present. Strive to be positive.
- Let positive people into your life. Share your feelings with them in order to gain the support you need.
- Develop old and new interests.
- Take charge of your life—make your own decisions. Don't get caught up in the blame game.
- Prolonged stress can reduce the immune system's effectiveness and lead to a variety of symptoms. Minimize prolonged stress through self-care:
- Good nutrition, plenty of rest, and moderate exercise.
- Relaxing activities
- Contact with supportive people.
©2008 Life Transitions Inc.